Must meet the following minimum requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience in large public assembly facilities highly desirable. Courses in criminal justice or security training by recognized academy, school or organization desirable.
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
- Availability to potentially work day, evening or graveyard shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Minimum physical requirements: able to travel to and gain access to various areas of the ballpark for prolonged periods of time during games and events; able to lift and transport up to 25 pounds; and able to ascend and descend stairs.
- Fluently bilingual in English/Spanish a plus.
- Possess BSIS Security Guard certifications a plus.
- Previous Law Enforcement/Public Safety experience a plus.
- Possess high degree of discretion, integrity, professionalism, and accountability.
- Punctual and consistent attendance upon being staffed.
- Professional image and demeanor.
- Strong ability to work with others in a collaborative, team environment.
TITLE: Part-Time Security Officer, 24/7 Ballpark Security
DEPARTMENT: Security and Transportation
REPORTS TO: Manager, Ballpark Security
STATUS: Part-time, Non-Exempt
The San Diego Padres is an Equal Opportunity Employer.